Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Delta 1010 Lt, good price, but problems

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ian_logsdon, Jul 26, 2004.

1. ian_logsdon

ian_logsdon

Jul 14, 2004
    Columbia, MD
    I can get a delta 1010 lt off ebay for under 200 dollars, and then i get 10 inputs, 2 with mic preamps. i run into a problem. all the inputs but the xlr's with preamps are stereo blanced rca inputs. could i possibly run line level output from a preamp, and use 1/4" to 1/8" converters, then connect 1/8" to rca cables, or would this cause latency/distortion.
    also, has anyone ever heard of someone making a custom breakout box for the 1010 lt, because its such a tangle, i might have to make one myself if none are availible.

2. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    you won't get any latency issues using connector convertors and it shouldn't affect the signal quality if the connectors are clean.

3. ian_logsdon

ian_logsdon

Jul 14, 2004
    Columbia, MD
    sweet, i was just making sure. im going to make a custom break out box out of wood and paint it. im going to save so much freaking money.
    :bassist:
    awesome.