1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Deltalab dl-1 HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mocking4string, May 6, 2010.

1. mocking4string

mocking4string

May 6, 2010
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's a digital delay designed for PA usage in large stadiums, so that the sound at the back end of the stadium doesn't sound out of sync with the guys onstage. The maximum delay time is 160 ms, so it's OK for reverb-y slapbacks.

3. mocking4string

mocking4string

May 6, 2010
    thanx man i dont know to much about digital delay so u were a huge help, would u happen to know wat years these were made?

4. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Early 1990's.

5. mocking4string

mocking4string

May 6, 2010
    i just email delta labs im hoping they send me a owner's manual or somethin of the sort

6. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    The company that made that product went out of business a long time ago. A totally different company uses the "Deltalabs" name now, and they unfortunately have absolutely no connection to the item you have.

7. mocking4string

mocking4string

May 6, 2010
    aaaww are u serious? i got no clue how to use this thing. i cant hear a difference as i adjust it, it always sounds the same. i do hear a difference wen its plugged in verse not but i cant tell if its doing anything or if im just loosing quality in my sound

thanx man u've been a huge help, i've searched the internet for hours and never found anything about it, for all i knew this was the only one haha

8. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    It's a bit hard to explain--it delays your signal without changing it otherwise, and in order to use it as a slapback effect you'd have to run it in parallel with your clean signal, on two mixer channels. Honestly, I would just put it up on Ebay, it's not something you'll get any benefit from.

9. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    Its got pretty red LED's on it.