Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

detachable neck system

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by olivier, May 19, 2004.

1. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Anyone knows of "detachable neck systems" à la Patrick Charton that could be installed on any ol' bass ?

2. Olie, why don't you drop Bob Ross an email..... www.rossdoublebass.com
    Put it to him and see what he says. He's been having computer problems, so be patient!

3. D.W.

D.W. Guest

There is a luthier in Montreal that will do such procedure. He designed a travel bass with a removable neck, and now a few people have had him install the device on their own basses. There are pictures of his travel bass on his website www.lamario.ca

Hope that helps.....Dave

4. Whoa!!
    Even if you have no interest in removable necks, check out this site. Lamarre's integral extensions and especially his ornamental carving are unbelievable. Some non-traditional features and beautiful work.

5. Holy ****!! This guys got some carving chops......Take a look at the bass he calls a 5 string, low B intigrated extension. I wonder how the tuning is set up ....high C on the extension?? What do you luthiers think?
    Thanks for hippin' us to this guy D.W.
    After looking and reading closer, he's got the D string on the extension!

6. That is some seriously amazing work! Someone transfer this link to the basses area! WOW!!!

7. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Of the few headscroll's I've seen, and theyre usually a little over the top, those are sweet (not to mention those integrated extensions).

But the carving on the back of the pegbox... makes you wanna cry. :bawl:

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Yow...sometimes you find someone doing exactly what God intended them to do. I think that's the case here.

9. D.W.

D.W. Guest

Mario does really good work and builds great basses. Last time I was there he had just finished his new five string with a detachable neck for a bass player in Europe....it sounded great! I think if I remember it was a five string with a high string instead of a low string.

Dave