1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Different Pup Design...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rumblinbass, May 11, 2006.

1. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

Aug 22, 2003
    Wimberley, TX
    I found this on JPBasses.com. Aaron Armstrong, Kent Armstrong's son, builds these pup's. (Scroll down about halfway...)

[​IMG]

Any thoughts?
    I thought it was interesting...

2. very cool!

I've never seen this company before.
    BADASS BASSES!

Maybe the French CAN do something right....

3. I made a set of pickups like this once for a five string. It's a variation on some old Gibson designs that Bill Lawrence came up with. The Thunderbird, Ripper and EBO all had a version of this pickup.
    The get a great growl. The big honking pickup that Billy Sheehan uses in the neck position is a DiMarzio Model One. It's a copy of the Gibson EBO pickup he used in his old P-Bass. Mike Watt loves these things.

4. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

Aug 22, 2003
    Wimberley, TX

So this isn't something new...

I'm still trying to figure out how it is put together.

5. They work and are put together like any other stacked humbucker such as a Fender Noisless or a Gibson P-100. It's just that they have been turned on their side. It's nothing new. Gibson has been doing this on their basses for decades.