1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech Bass Whammy V2 Mids

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tprestonbass, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Hey guys -- long-time, first-time. Thanks in advance for the help.

I just got a Bass Whammy, and love the tracking. My only question is for those of you with one (or any other octave pedal), do you notice a severe mid scoop? My untrained ear tells me it seems to be emitting mostly sub frequencies, thus thwarting all "energy" and dropping significant volume when I engage the pedal. Is there possibly a LPHF in the pedal to increase tracking? Anybody?

EDIT: I'll add that it loses energy compared to the same frequency played without the pedal engaged (i.e. 5 fret first string A, vs 12 fret second string A with whammy engaged.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  2. Not sure if it’s mids specifically but yep, any digital octave will do that which is why most people use overdrive / distortion after to make it sound a bit better/natural. Bass whammy has had the best sound though I haven’t tried the new stuff like ricochet or pitchcfork.. my boss PS3 definitely gets chime/treble artefact and overtones compared to the original tone the higher it’s shifted... part of the blessing and curse depending on how your using it.