Digitech BP200?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by marineman227, Dec 5, 2003.

1. just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and if it's any good. Just looking for some different effects to help get a broader tone, i want some decent OD/Distortion but everything else is just for fun playing around with. Thanks for the help
  2. great user reviews on www.harmonycentral.com on both the BP 200 and the Zoom BFX708II which I ended up chosing because it has a sampler/looper function.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have used the BP200 and like it and am getting one for x mas.
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've had one since early last year, and like it. However, I use it mostly as a tuner and volume pedal - most of the effects aren't used.
  5. amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    i just got a digitech bnx3 and am taking it back because of the ****ty bypass. may this be a warning to anyone buying a digitech multi fx pedal
  6. hey, the bypass is alright on mine. its not awesome, but its not that bad. most of the effects are pretty cool. some of them sound a little digitized. and the pedal was very squeaky when i got it, but i just loostened the nut and it was fine. other than that, i like it. since its my first and only pedal, anyway.:p
  7. Hi

Ive got a digitech bp200 and its good value...In the amp section there are three distortion/o.d stomp box models...they are alright once you get the right eq and other stuff happening...the drum machine is pretty cool

Anyways if you have anymore questions just ask here or pm me
  8. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    I have had the BP200 for almost 18 months and I love it. Still messing with customizing a bunch of tones/effects. I use the effects very sparingly, however with the variety of rooms we play, there are some where the acoustics are horrible and the there's been a few instances where some of the tones can be tweaked to get you out of a jam. That aside, the jam-along feature is helpful.
    I did have to send it back to Digitch once for service (warranty), but the guys at Digitech were really helpful and got it back to me quickly in time for our next performance.
    Being as I don't get heavily into using effects, I'm not going to dump a ton of money into them. The BP200 is a great value for my application, backed up by outstanding service. That'll win my business everytime!
  9. LA

Oct 17, 2001

Well said, hammer2748. I try to use just enough effect with my BP200 without overdoing it. I just purchased an Ibanez BTB405 so I might do well to look over my presets to see if I can't get a better sound...
  10. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I've had one for about a year. I never use it except the drum machine which stated before, is really cool.

The problems I have with it are.
    In bypass there is a really big hum.

With effects on their is a hum

Does not take battries you have to plug in the wall

Effects on it sound muddy.

Wah takes the bass out a whole bunch but maybe thats just wahs in general

There is a really cool "String" present thats sounds really cool.
  11. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Hi Corbis. I would check you signal chain and make sure everything is okay, then if the hum you're getting is definitely in the BP200, you might want to have it looked at because generally speaking, the BP200 sounds pretty clean both in Bypass or in the effects. This does not sound typical of the BP200. Good luck.

12. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I have a BP200, and you can make some really cool effects. But the pre-sets suck. It needs some work after you get it. Also, the SynthTalk lags a bit.
  13. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I've tried messing with it before, diffrent amps, cables, basses, and it still has the problem. But thanks anyway.
  14. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I got the BP200 and have had it for 2 weeks and just want to post a review on it:

- Everything about it is pretty good. The bypass isnt great but it isnt horrible. There are a few factory presets that are pretty rockin. Its a good pedal for the price.
  15. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    I have the bp200.. had it since april 03.. its ok.. had to send it back once because the tuner went wacky on it. there are about 3 good presets, and thats it. I really don't like the sound coming from the bybass, so I only use it when I know I will play certain songs. I really haven't toyed with making my own presets yet, but that has been due to a lack a free time.. who knows, maybe you could create some cool sounds. on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 6 1/2.
  16. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    I've been looking at the BP200 for a while now and I think I might be getting it tommorrow.

About the bypass hum: Would it help by running it through an effects loop on your amp? I've got one.