DigiTech BP80 Effects Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGuitarNerd, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Does anyone else own this pedal? I recently bought it becuase I wanted to get into different effects but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. It's pretty good and you can get a nice amount of unique sounds out of it. I've looked all over the internet but no one has posted any of their custom sound set-ups. Does anyone have any custom effects that you've made on your DigiTech BP80 that sound really awesome? If you did, could you please list what you have to enter on the pedal to get your efffect. I would like to get some really sweet custom sounds out of this thing. I've tried to make my own but i don't know what goes together. Thanks! :)
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think it works much better and sounds much more natural than the BP200.
    Very nice for a cheap unit.
  3. I've got one, it's a nifty little toy, but I did have some trouble with it ...
    One day it just stopped working, but luckily a reset solved the problem.
    The bad news is that because of the reset, I have lost all my presets. :mad: (hours of tweaking down the drain)
    I would advise anyone who finds great custom effects to write them down somewhere.
  4. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sorry, I do own a BP80 but don't have much unique presets other than just picking an amp model and EQing it to my liking.

BUT, I do have a comment on a recent experiment I did:

I bought an active direct box for my gu*tarists' rigs and dug the ol' BP80 out just for laughs. I hooked it up to the DI box to the mixer and PA, and you know what? That thing didn't sound half bad!

It was no Sansamp BDDI (to which in my opinion sounds way better through my amp/cab rig then going direct) but it did the job and rather convincingly!

Just my .0000000002 cents, FYI, and in case you were interested.

5. Darn, that's too bad... If I create any cool effects I'll post them here.
  6. Dedeer

Feb 28, 2005
    Costa del Sol