1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech vocalist live 2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcollin, Sep 25, 2008.

1. pcollin

pcollin

Dec 22, 2005
    Portland, Maine
    Has anyone had any experience with this? Will it work with a saxaphone? We have a sax player and were thinking that a harmonizer like this could really beef up his sound and give the band the sound of a brass section. For $300 it sounds tempting if it will work.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Check out the manual: ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/Manuals/Vocalist_LIVE2/VL2Manual_v1.pdf
    You also might want to check out: http://www.saxontheweb.net/Fink/ElectronicEffects.html

Excerpt:

Here are some rules for the harmonizer.

1. Close harmonies. Prevents that "sampled" sound
    2. No more than 3 part harmonies. Gets muddy. Besides, how many (for me) tenor saxes can you have at one time and still be clean?
    3. Custom scale/interval set-up are great because you can play solos as though you are a big band horn section! (I used it on tunes like Caldonia.)
    4. Clip-on, close field mics work best in this situation. You don't want to harmonize the band noise.
    5. Use a noise gate!!
    6. MIDI foot pedals for quick changes. My setup for each bank of 5/key when in a blues band: I/IV/V/Thick (5 ms delay w/feedback and reverb/standard sound). The "Thick" sound is the one I mentioned in the Delay section.