1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech Whammy IV for Fuzzrocious Oh See Demon

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ninjadeathfunk, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I'm thinking about trading my old and nicked Whammy that I never use for the Fuzzrocious OCD with a guy on craigslist. Is the Fuzzrocious good enough of an overdrive for this trade? Or should I sell the whammy and save some cash for something better?

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    The OSD is terrible.

You're comparing apples and hot dogs. The whammy is pitch shifter and the OSD is a drive. The question is do you need the drive or the whammy more ;)?

3. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    YEAH. Terribly....SEXY.

4. This is just like the "what effect should I put in by bass" thread. Only you can know if it's worth it for you.

5. You never use the whammy. I think you answered your own question.

6. Overall, yes its worth it. The OSD is a great overdrive. I got mine a few weeks ago and haven't played a show or practice without it.
    Unless the whammy is something you use for specific songs or sounds you need.
    As far as resale value, your better off with the osd. Around here a used whammy4 with some scratches goes for $100 average.
    And fuzzrocious generally sells quick and you get back most of what you pay for it.
    So IMO , yeah, go for it

7. Pushead

Pushead

Mar 5, 2007
    Portugal
    In this situation I would definitely do that trade.
    Moreover, if I lived in the USA, this exchange would be mine!

I wish that Fuzzrucious had dealers in Europe.

For me, overdrive is a fundamental effect on bass. And based on Youtube videos, the OSD seems to be an excellent overdrive pedal.

By way, if you need a whammy pedal in the future, you can buy the new version, the Whammy V.

8. I'm aware that not using the whammy is a good enough reason. It was more of a question of what an OSD values at when used and whether it is a fair trade value wise. Thanks for your replies!

9. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    We will soon I'm sure, but we do sell internationally.

He can always do the trade and if he doesn't like the osd, sell it, buy a $100 whammy, and make a profit.

10. Words of wisdom.