1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dilemmas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fabio Jay, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Fabio Jay

Fabio Jay

Feb 4, 2016
    Grey hair with a love for music (the bass sound ) !

So I have a general question I have a T-bird and a Schecter CV-4. I love the T-bird sound but I love the feel of the Schecter any Suggestions for a bass that meets this criteria?

Thanks
    The Fabio

2. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Bump

3. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    It is a lot easier to change the sound of the bass than it is the feel of one.

Fabio Jay likes this.
  4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Try doing the 3 step:

1) Get another Schecter CV-4 like the one you have
    2) Install a good set of T-Bird clone pickups
    3) Have it wired so you can use the pickups as passive or run through the Schecter circuitry

Rumor has it that these come very close. A few are here waiting to be installed into various basses to take them off of the "look and feel good, sound lame" status list.
    Neck:
    Thunderbird Bass Pickup Vitage Sytle for Gibson,Chrome,Resistance:8K
    Bridge:
    Thunderbird Bass Pickup Vitage Sytle for Gibson,Chrome,Resistance:9.2K

Don't take my word for it, a bunch of other T-Bird fanatics are onto this too:
    I hesitate to post this. $45 Thunderbird pickups.
    AND how to install them better than the original(page 6 of the above thread):
    I hesitate to post this. $45 Thunderbird pickups.

Same seller here but since we got 'em via ebay and paypal b/c the price is about the same:
    Thunderbird Bass Pickup Vitage Sytle for Gibson,Chrome

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Fabio Jay likes this.