1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dimensions for vintage tuner screw-holes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jazzmonkey, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    Hello folks,

Where is a good place to look for the dimensions for the screw-hole spacing on vintage style tuners? On a similar note, where can I find info for the periods that fender uses the different tuner types (HB1, HB3, HB4)? I'm pretty surprised that I'm having such trouble finding this info.

I'm in the process of finding some tuners for a used USACG neck I just picked up with screw-holes predrilled. While I'm sure that Hipshot HB-1 is what I'm after, I'm looking for something on the cheap. I've seen some cheap stuff on ebay, but no useful dimensions. I've also seen some newer "F" stamped American Fender tuners for sale used, but don't know if the tabs on the underside will match up with the holes. I've also seen some Squier CV tuners , and it seems that they should match up, but once again, I cannot find any dimensions.

2. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Why not redrill?

3. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    I've created a template for drilling mounting holes for Fender/Gotoh reverse tuners.

PM me if you want the PDF.

4. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    I was thinking of filling and redrilling, but I would love to just drop in a proper set and avoid the look of filled holes. Minor issue, but a drop in solution would be ideal.

Willicious, thanks for the offer, quite kind of you. You have a PM.

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the Squier CV's are metric dimensions and won't drop in. Same for the cheap eBay offshore tuners.