dimensions of b15n lid opening??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bon viesta, Aug 28, 2021.

1. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    on my conquest to pair a head with a fliptops.net cabinet, i’ve really needed this information from the get-go. how wide, and deep, is the hole for ampeg flip top cabinets??? you know, the part where the amp goes inside. if any head i choose to go with is too long or tall or wide, it won’t work. i’m thinking a tc electronics bq500/bq250, and if thats too big (9.2 inches front to back) then i’ll just go with their 200 watt model. anyways, the dimensions would be appreciated from any of you fliptop cabinet people who know your stuff.

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Out there!
    Why can't you just ask fliptops for the info? :confused:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  3. Vintage-Blue

Vintage-Blue Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Owner, Vintage Blue (repro cabinets)
    On a '67 or earlier cabinet (single or double baffle) the opening in the gasket frame is 8.25" x 18.25". The photo below shows what it would look like. The later cabinets (Thiele and B15S) are probably a little bit bigger; I don't have that info.

IMG_4986.jpg

The image below can give you an idea of what is happening inside the cabinet. It shows a modified double baffle cabinet (16"D) configured for an Ampeg PF-50T and loaded with an Eminence Delta-15A.
    Clearance.png

coreyfyfe and bon viesta like this.
  4. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    i did but they’ll be out of offices until monday so i thought why not ask you people for the time being :hyper: i got an auto-email saying “we’re out!”

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Out there!
    Glad to see someone's around to give a well reasoned and insightful answer for you (see above). :thumbsup:

bon viesta likes this.
  6. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    yep!! i’ll be awaiting their answer too and that’ll show me whether or not the 70s style cabinet is bigger at all. you’d be surprised how few bass heads are less than 8 inches deep. very frustrating!! :thumbsdown:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022