SOLD Dingwall Combustion 4 Bass - Black Pearl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TALL&STOUT, Aug 7, 2018.

1. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is the prettiest Combustion bass that Dingwall makes in my opinion. The subtle sparkle pearl black finish with the off white pickguard is a modern spin on classic good looks. Even more important is how amazing this bass sounds and plays. The Canadian rock maple neck and Dingwall pickups give this bass a ton of life and tone for days. The fanned frets are a breeze to play and you would be hard pressed to find a better bass for under $2k.
    The bass has been played and gigged, so there are a few marks and scuffs that I tried to show off in the pictures. Comes with the Levy's Padded Dingwall gig bag.

$1440 cash and pickup in San Diego or $1550 venmo or paypal (includes shipping CONUS).

Trades: Ideally I want to trade up to a Dingwall D-bird, Super J, or Super PJ 4 string bass with WENGE neck. If this combustion had the wenge neck, it would be staying put. If you have one of those, I can add cash to the deal to make it fair. Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    BradH, Falsecrack and bebi like this.
  2. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    very nice. can't...but want....

3. Jlinnell7

Jlinnell7 Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    New Orleans
    Spector Endorsed Artist
    8F14F629-A425-4121-A3B6-F074BCEFC597.jpeg German trade bait. All new emg upgrades. Bqc pre, mm5, dc40. Mint condition.

4. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Too many strings amigo. Thanks!

5. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Hey Rob!

Is this one tuned standard or BEAD?

Considering listing my Wenge/Ash SJ3x...

6. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Hi Matt, this one is currently CGCF, but I can have my tech set it up differently if you like. I would be very interested in your super jazz if it is 4 string. Hit me back and we can figure something out. Cheers!

7. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Sent you a PM with the listing as not to hijack your thread :thumbsup:

8. PM'd

9. Is this universally routed to where you could move the neck pickup closer to the bridge like the NG2s? I thought I read somewhere these were.

TALL&STOUT likes this.
  10. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Sale pending...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021