Dirk Lance?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by slap_happy, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Most of you guys probably don't have much interest in Incubus, and reasonably so in light of their latest albums, but I was wondering if there are others here who really like Dirk Lance (Alex Katunich), Incubus' old bassist, or know if he's doing anything musically these days. (Incubus and Dirk "parted ways" sometime after Morning View I beleive.) If you like Funk-Metal, or even if you just like the Funk part (like myself), I strongly urge you to take a listen to one of the groups first albums, Fungus Amungus (especially the last 3 songs), he does some amazing stuff on it. I really think the group has gone down hill since he left, now it's mostly screaming over heavy rock. The guitarist did alot of good work on the earlier albums too but now he's just playing power chords and such. I'm rambling, but if any of you know what Dirk Lance is doing these days I'd like to know.

By the way I almost forgot, no matter what kind genres you like, any bass player should listen to "Battlestar Scralactica"
    off of the Incubus album Make Yourself. Its awesome, and the reason I like Dirk so much. Seriously, listen to it.
  2. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    he is running a company making music for video games!!!
    so i heard...
    and ya I love dirk...
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Do a search buddy ;)