Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Disc Makers

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by g4string, Jan 15, 2004.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Anybody here have any experience with Disc Makers. I am going to have them master and duplicate my bands upcoming promo CD. I will probally have them design the artwork as well. I have some ideas on my artwork design I will throw them. But, I will let them deal with spending the time to design it. As far as a package, we will be getting 1000 CD's in the jewel sleeves.

Mainly I am concerned about the price. Is Disc Makers worth the extra cash? How are they at mastering.

My CD will not be sold retail. It will be used for promotional use only. However, quality is important to me. As long as the price is inline with the quality of the product. IMO, a high-quality promo could be the difference in landing a good gig-vs-a great gig.

Here are the prices

1000 CD's with printing and packaging in cardboard jewel sleeve $1000

CD matering $400

CD design $250

2. I have used them exclusively with my studio since 1995 and I have no complaints, neither do my clients!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I live near them and my band is about to use them for duplication and art only. I have heard complaints about the inhouse mastering. The studio we used said to take it somewhere else for mastering. He has had some projects come out worse then the mixed version going in.

This is only one mans opinion and I am sure that they would not be able to offer mastering for as long as they have been in business if they did every job like thst.

Good luck what is the name of the band? Where are you from?