Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Distortion?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nowhereian, Feb 7, 2004.

1. I'm looking for a good bass distortion/od pedal. I play mostly punk and some metal. I've tried aboss odb and an ibanez pd-7, but they were the only dist/od pedals available in the store. I liked the ibanez better, but I'm wondering if theres anything better out there. Any suggestions?

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    DO A SEARCH!!!!

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Welcome to Talkbass!

As toastedweed said, this is one of the most frequently asked questions here - "what's the best pedal fox xxx".

Up at the top of the forum there's a sticky thread which has user reviews of just about every distortion/overdrive pedal out there.

As everyone hears things differently, if you could describe what type of distortion and/or overdrive you're looking for people can help with some recommendations.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    far more eloquent than i put david. should bear in mind the fella only had one post. sorry mate.

5. :confused: :confused: :help: :confused: :confused:

Has anybody here listened to the new ProCo Juggernaut Bass Rat pedal? It looks like it's got two channels, an effects loop, a wet/dry mix, etc. I'm just wondering if anybody has any comments about the tone... is it fuzzy or buzzy or soupy or squealing squeamish Lena Beamish. I love to use distortion, I've got a Rat pedal, and a Boss MT-2, DS-1, and a Danelectro Pastrami, but I've not yet bothered to invest in a pedal specifically designed for electric bass. This one looks really fancy, and I'm curious.

6. I tried one in the store and I think I was liking the tone. Nice grindy fuzz and the blend works well but the pop when clicking the pedal on or off was incredibly loud making it unusable for my purposes. Went with a Prescription Electronics Depth Charge and I'm glad I paid the extra $$ cuz it's my new favourite.