Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Disturbed's new bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by f'nar f'nar, Jul 28, 2005.

1. I heard their new stuff (guarded and stricken) and he seems to be very good from what I've heard. Anybody else heard him? What do you think?

2. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I dont really care for Disturbed so i couldnt tell you. I heard that song and it sounded alright. All I know is that he is the bass player from the unioun underground.

3. Considering I've heard the whole album I've decided he's the man. THumbs up.

4. He's definetly good, on one of the studio videos you see him practicing for a second

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I'm very impressed with the new tracks I've heard.

I liked what Fuzz did, but the guy (I forget his name) here had some great tone and licks in The U.U. A great Texas rawk band... :bassist:

6. John Moyer is abolutely perfect for the band. Granted I liked Fuzz's work with the band. I believe John actually plays with a pick whereas Fuzz was only fingers, but I'm not 100% on whether or not John plays with a pick or not, either way he kicks serious butt!

Jared

7. Nice bump!

I liked the fact that Fuzz played with his fingers. Its much harder for one. But his tone was really low and growly, and I always fear some of that gets lost in pick playing. Some players have proven me wrong (Chris Squire, Robert Trujillo). But this guy could be different. New album isnt out in australia yet. I heard he's good tho.

8. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I'm getting the new CD tomorrow (if my friggin' DEBIT CARD comes in!!). But yeah, his tone on the U.U. CD was really good. Granted Dan likes a LOT of him in the mix, so you never know, but maybe once he's toured and become more of a friend than just a "new guy", he'll get more "air time" in the mix on the next CD.

9. anarchy_inside

anarchy_inside

Sep 21, 2005
    iv heard the new album, and he seems to fit in really well... but i did like fuzz, he managed to get a nice grungy sound out of his bass, perfect for Disturbed's music, and it suited Dan Donegan's guitar work really well... John is sounding great though... :bassist: