1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dittersdorf with Gruber cadenza HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by SUNBA, Aug 18, 2007.

1. SUNBA

SUNBA

Aug 18, 2007
    HELLO
    I know the concerto in E major is played in D major for auditions.Which edition has the music read in D major,and also where to find the Gruber cadenzas for this concerto.
    Also, which edition has the piano part(transpose to D-orcheatra tuning).
    I heard Gruber cadenza 1st time on a old Streicher recording and boy,does it rock;it makes the "standard" cadenza sound very "junior-high".
    This dittersdorf concerto is asked quiet often in Europa and here in the states the NY phil.In both cases,the gruber cadenza is REQUIRED.
    Please help!!

2. Cosmos

Cosmos

Sep 21, 2006
    New York, NY
    hey i'm sorry, i can't help you with finding the cadenzas...but a question for you, do you know where i could find that streicher recording?

3. The Schott edition is the standard edition used. I'm pretty sure the Gruber cadenzas are out of print so you have to copy someone elses copy. I don't have an internet connection in my apartment yet but when I get it up I could e-mail you a copy. Does anyone know if I'm allowed to post it on here? I'm not sure if there is any copyright on it or not.

4. bassbass

bassbass

Dec 29, 2006
    London
    I assume the edition in D is just orchestral pitch?? If so there is an edition that has the bass and piano part in D, It is by 'Yorke Edition' which is based in the UK (www.yorkeedition.co.uk) and the edition has both the 2 dittersdorf concertos although the cadenza is the basic one. I have a hand written copy of the Gruber cadenza, but i dont think that it has been published (although i could be wrong)

5. SUNBA

SUNBA

Aug 18, 2007
    Thanks cosmos,cory and bassbass.Cory u are a sweatheart!!
    I found it online(for free!!!!!!)Henle urtext has a edition online for downloading,it's supposed to be for viennese tuning but it is written in D major.I also found the Gruber cadenza straight from Doblinger(publisher in Vienna with very close ties to the one and only good-old Ludwig Streicher.
    Cosmos,that recording i HAD was on an old LP i believe it is the old Musical Heritage label.Last time i had a major move i took my record player to the pawn shop and sold all my LP's to a local used CD,LP store.If u google ludwig streicher ,someone in vienna has a tribute site with every single bit of info on good old Ludwig,and it has a list of all LP's and CD's ever released.I think some of it is rareties(out of print LP's)so.....Good luck!!
    This thread is now CLOSED.

6. The Yorke edition is basically a copy of Sperger's manuscript of the Dittersdorf Concerto which doesn't have any slurs or phrasing indications. A facsimile of Sperger's manuscript comes with the Hoffmeister edition which is in C!

If you are just using the piano part of the York edition make sure you mark the appropriate cuts. There are some spots included in the York edition that are not in other editions.

7. pichl

pichl

Dec 16, 2006
    If you need Gruber cadenza for Dittersdorf concerto, i can help you, my e-mail: kontra_bass@yahoo.com

8. SUNBA

SUNBA

Aug 18, 2007
    Thank u for your generocity pichl!!
    I found them from the publishers(doblinger).
    This thread is DONE FINITO!!!

9. Dave Whitla

Dave Whitla

Apr 25, 2006
    Ireland
    Not quite Finito! Sunba, could you post the link to where you found the cadenza? Although I have a copy, I think there may well be others who'd be interested in getting it.

10. SUNBA

SUNBA

Aug 18, 2007
    Doblinger.at and choose english option.In search box type in Gruber in title type in Kadenzen and voila!
    Finito MF!

11. Who is this Herr Gruber? I acknowledge the lack of "schwung" in my original cadenzas, and wish to publish my revisions via the "information superhighway". As the edited versions have more "Sturm und Drang", it is forbidden to be played with "Arschloch Bogen". I send more details as the project approaches completion.
    Bleib gespanned!
    Dein,
    Karl

12. mattgray

mattgray

Nov 16, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    I lol'd.
    Arschloch Bogen... gotta use that sometime in orchestra. See if anyone picks it up :p

13. shaktipat

shaktipat

Feb 24, 2006
    The edition you are looking for is published by Doblinger. I found a copy at Robertsons and Sons in New Mexico. They have a phone number and will ship.

14. Toronado455

Toronado455

Feb 27, 2008