1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do Line6/X2 do IEMs??

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Rocksolid, May 12, 2011.

1. Just figured it would be logical to - their wireless stuff is the best for Bass hands down. No IEM's I have tried do bass with out some loss of some sort.

So I figured surely it is a no brainer. I looked on their site and couldn't find any....

2. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I don't think they do.

But IME, good bass via IEMs is much more about the earbuds than it is the intermediary hardware.

And +1 on Line6 owning on bass wireless. Using their G30 system and do love a lot.

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I'm amazed Line6 hasn't done an IEM type system. I wish more companies would just produce the hardware and let audio expert produce the ear buds.

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    No but I really really wish they did. Wonder if Rich could tell us if they're even considering it.

5. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Shure is kind of the equivalent for IEM..

6. I've got no problems with my buds - when I plug them into a headphone socket direct I am happy with how they sound.

I have looked at the Shure - I just can't get excited about the inputs being on the front face. I like my gear to stay patched, in the rack, and looking neat. The shure doesn't tick all these boxes.

My choice of IEM's currently would be the Audio Technica M2s. I know these are good - but are the really good for bass?

7. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    I have the M2 unit and it's great but you gotta replace the stock buds they're not acceptable for bass.

I got the Future Sonics Atrios and they have tons of low end and you can get custom molds for them too if you want. They sound great and I got them for under $200 on the 'bay

8. I like mine. Good buds are a must, the stock ones are useless for bass.

The problem with jacks in the back is you're hooking it up to the PA and your bass amp. Unless you have the PA in your bass rack, you have to reach inside to plug it in every gig. Either the IEM is in the pa rack, or in your bass rack, so can't leave everything plugged in. Easier to do so from the front.

Randy

9. Yeah I suppose I am looking at it from the point of view that I am now using a Rolls PM351 so I have put together a loom for the PM351 - including the feed that goes to my IEM's and when the Rolls box gets disconnected from the loom it then gets put back in the back of the rack - which means fortunately for me I am not unplugging things from th eback of my rack

10. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I second this endorsement. LOVE mine. Am going to go the custom mold route here at some point though as the fit out of the box isn't quite there.

11. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    One thing you might want to try is to put them in upside down with the wire at the top. I saw a review of them online and the reviewer did this and had better results and I can concur. Also found out the foam sleeves are pretty much useless at least for me.

12. I believe the only company doing Digital Wireless IEM's is Lectrosonics. They're not cheap, $4k I think for the transmitter and receiver.

13. I am interested to hear how you go with the custom molds for these. I am using the M Audio IE-40's at the moment and I love them sonically but they aren't the most discreet looking especially considering I have molds for them, which make them stick out even more, and I have a shaved head which means I have no hair to hide them with!!

From what I have read about them over the last hour or so the Altrios have a great bass response and a generally good sonic landscape.

14. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Making small, GOOD receivers is very difficult and costly. That is why there are not a lot of good IEMs out there. Making small transmitters is easy.

Also - based on experience, Future Sonics has been the leader in this field for many years.