1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do You Like A White Bass? - Poll

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoffeeLove, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Yes, just awesome!

554 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No way, too boring!

77 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Depends on the bass

321 vote(s)
    33.8%
  4. Asparagus since I am tired of carrots

41 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CoffeeLove

CoffeeLove Supporting Member

Just curious. I have had an affinity to keep atleast one white bass in the arsenal over the years, and it is often the one I end up playing most. For whatever reason, I tend to put white pearloid on most of my instruments, it's a sickness I guess:).

My current favorite is the Stingray 5 in the pic, feel free to show yours.

Some probably find them bland, just curious where people stand on this one.
    20191013_181300.

2. jpmcbride

jpmcbride Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    al pickguard pbass.

The only pic I had of my P-bass has that note on drilling a hole for the gold anodized pickguard. I love the white faded to cream look.

I'm waiting for someone to comment on the black pick guard screws! IDK, just seemed right for some reason :)

3. CoffeeLove

Nice!

4. jpmcbride

jpmcbride Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    White looks good on stage too. Shows up under the lights.
    I love black basses but they can tend to disappear against dark clothing on stage.

5. The nice thing about white or black instruments is that they'll fit in with almost anything you wear. With anything else, you have to think about whether your colors clash (if you care). Lately I've taken to wearing all black on stage; just about any color instrument works with that.

It occurs to me that while I have two Olympic White Fender basses, I don't actually own a black bass. I have a black Stratocaster, though.

6. True, though black instrument against black clothes can be nice if you're a "none more black" kind of guy. The highlights will still show up anyway, as will the strings (unless you use black tapewounds, I suppose).

thisonegoestoeleven likes this.
  7. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    I don't want them outlawed or anything, but I just can't get excited about one for myself.

birminghambass and CoffeeLove like this.
  8. CoffeeLove

For sure. Are you a fan of natural wood or colors? I have a nice dark stained natural wood custom Roscoe 5 that is beautiful, but keep reaching for the white one:)

9. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    you know i do Copy of Otto Helmuth (69 of 73).

10. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    my main

IMG_0092.

11. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    All my current basses are white.

PennyroyalWe and CoffeeLove like this.
  12. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    I'm a sucker for a nice cherry sunburst, but my others are natural woods. One has a very spiffy flamed maple cap, another is a '79 Sabre with an ash body that's clear-finished, and the newest addition has a swamp ash body that's stained sort of a "charcoal black", but you can see and feel the grain.

White is honestly fine. I suppose that I don't generally wear stuff that's terribly bright and that inclination comes with me when I consider "wearing" one bass or another.

CoffeeLove likes this.
  13. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i’m craving an Olympic White pbass, nitro!

dmt, bobba66 and CoffeeLove like this.
  14. grrg63

grrg63

Dec 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    It has many battle scars but they dont make love it any less.
    MIJP-4 (6).JPG MIJP-9. MIJP-10. MIJP-14.

15. I've never owned a white bass but found one of these hanging in a pawn shop recently.
    41X0vocfBgL.
    I found myself wondering if there was any way I could come up with $1000 AND keep the bass hidden from the wife. First stock 'ray I have ever loved the look of.

16. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    I used to only play white basses. I don't know why, I just found the look to be super appealing.
    I have a range of finishes now, but white is still my favorite color for a bass.

17. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    fullsizeoutput_fe0.

18. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    For me it depends on the bass and the white. I'm more a fan of slightly off white such as on my Ibanez AFB200.

CoffeeLove likes this.
  19. Leo Thunder

Leo Thunder

Sep 27, 2018
    Yes, I even have one :bassist:
    [​IMG]

20. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Oh, yes I do!

elmdale_fraser_small.