Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you like Ginger Ale ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 16, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It is one of my favorite soft drinks of all time. If i am out at a restaurant and i am the designated driver i will often order Ginger Ale with a Lime , they seem to go together very well. Do you like/dislike Ginger Ale?. :)

2. I do. I don't drink soda often and generally, I'm more of a Sprite guy, but Ginger Ale is very good.

3. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I love it. One of the great things i found in NYC is that just about every place has it in the fountain. MI seems to have missed that boat.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Love it but for some reason I rarely buy it.

brad cook

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I typically only drink it on planes. Which is weird... I can't think why that is, but apparently it's a popular drink on planes. I have heard that ginger has relaxing properties, so a ginger ale right after take off is a good way to sooth the nerves and brace for your flight. That said, despite any relaxing qualities actual ginger may or may not have, I'd be hard pressed to think ginger ale retains any of them. *shrug*

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yea, that's kinda what I was getting at, I do enjoy the drink a lot, but I pretty much only go out of my way for it on planes. Maybe that's why I'm able to always love it, since I never over drink it.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I love ginger ale, both on ice, and with Black Velvet.

8. MAJOR METAL

When i was flying last week that is all i would drink on the plan, i even turned down the free cocktails of Buissness class on the way home for a few Ginger Ales.

9. MAJOR METAL

I really like it with Seagrams Seven. :)

10. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Mmmm Ginger Ale Mmmm

11. same boat here

12. So essentially you're saying that ginger ale is a plane drink; not fancy at all. :bag: :p

Mike :D

13. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I can't stand it, personally. I always drink it, and then it makes me more thirsty. Having said that, Canada Dry is much better than Schweppes ginger ale.

Graeme

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    No, I'm saying that it helps sooth you when you feel pressurized.

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Top three favorite soft drinks:

Ginger Ale
    Cream Soda
    Root Beer

You can keep your... your "Pepsi", and your "Coke." I'll take the Black Sheep Three any day.

(btw, Ginger Beer = the suck)

16. Yeah, Ginger Ale is great for dealing with mild motion sickness as well as general nausea. It's also very tasty.

17. I enjoy ginger ale immensely if it's off fountain. I don't dig it so much out of plastic bottles.

There's a place my Pops goes that does up real brewed root beer and (I assume) ginger ale. Glass bottles. Amazing stuff.

For soda, I think it's tops, and no caffeine. And less calories. Not diet less, but still, so I tell myself. ;)

18. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I love Ginger Ale and always have it on hand.
    But Ginger Beer is even better, but not for everyone.

If you haven't tried it, try a bottle of it.

:)

19. Took the words right out of my mouth. Spruce beer isn't much better either. Tastes like pine needles. And now for the eternal debate: which brand name makes the best ginger ale? I say Canada Dry.