1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you recognize it?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by URice, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Hi, could you please help me to identify this pickup?
    THANKS MUCH!
    DSCN2993.
    DSCN3000.
    DSCN2995.

2. ... I can't belive, nobody has an idea about it.
    I got them along with Japanese RI 75 and I am sure they aren't original. I guess they are humbacking as they are really quiet. Thanks for your comments!

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I dismantled an SX JB pickup once. It had the same magnet arrangement. The top of the top bobbin was glued to the underside of the cover so the pickup couldn't be removed from the cover without breaking something. If those feel like they're stuck to the covers they might be SX pickups. Then again, they might not.

4. Basstovsky

Basstovsky Stuck on those 4-strings Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Agree with Glenn in that it looks somewhat similar to my SX jazz pups, but SX's arent humbucking. Perhaps its some generic overseas humbucking jazz pup, I haven't seen any pickups other than SX having plastic on the bottom like that one. The magnets indicate that it is a split-coil humbucker, having 2 magnets, one on EA polepieces one on DG, 2 coils. Perhaps someone with more experience with japanese basses will identify brand.

5. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I thought the same thing on first sight, but the SX magnets had the same polarity against the poles. I broke into it to be sure and it was a single coil. They might come apart by heating the top with a blow dryer to loosen the glue, but I never tried that on those.

The SX JB pickups were decent, btw...damn good for the price. OTOH, I wouldn't be too thrilled about finding them in a Fender.

6. That's it! I tried to get inside, but the coil and the cover are really glued together. So they might be SX pups. Thanks much guys!

7. They look identical to my SX pups.