DOD 250, Before , After, or other in chain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eedwards7891, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Eedwards7891

Eedwards7891

Dec 11, 2017
    Hello, bass wizards ! I need some advice on placement of my DOD 250 Overdrive pedal in my effects chain .

This is my setup (See Attached )

Epiphone thunderbird 4 tuned to a#/f/a#/d#
    Tuner
    Eq pedal (mxr clone)
    Ehx hot tubes (no overdrive , just tone to add brightness)
    Ehx micropog
    Ehx bass big muff
    Ehx silencer pedal (noise gate)

Ampeg svt 7 pro (all guitar and chain in to the main input )
    Ampeg 810e

We play articulate metal and stoner metal .
    I was running the DOD 250 right after my hot tubes pedal , because I had a compressor pedal there (ehx bass preacher , which I hated , haha) and it was the easiest thing to remove and change with the DOD 250. What I found was the DOD 250 sounded AMAZING simply by itself ! No matter what I did with the big muff, I could NOT get it to sound ANY BETTER than the DOD 250.

My main question is , what, if anything , I could do to make my distortion even better. I LOVE the DOD as an articulate overdrive , but would like to also run it with some fuzz . I'm honestly tempted to just get another one to run as a clean boost , with an overdriven high gain one behind it .

Thank you for your time!

Attached Files:

2. gfen

gfen

Aug 21, 2014
    lehigh valley
    stayed at a holiday inn, once...
    250->wah/phase/env/etc->muff.

Eedwards7891 likes this.
  3. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I like going muff >> 250 rather than vice versa. Muffs tend to be so extreme they eat a lot of more subtle effects earlier in the chain. 250s are rad, though I'm a little surprised it keeps enough low end for you at that tuning (otoh maybe it is the bass cut that makes it articulate).

Eedwards7891 likes this.
  4. Eedwards7891

Eedwards7891

Dec 11, 2017
    What surprised me most was its ability to retain the lows and the mids. Last night , I tried placing the DOD in the end of my effects chain after the big muff and pog, and it came ALIVE! The tone I had heard and wanted to replicate FINALLY came from my amp. It's crazy. I'm legitimately thinking of getting another one to run at the front of my chain to run with no gain and leave it on all the time . Initially, that was my goal. But, after hearing how awesome it was as a distortion pedal, I cant do it that way, haha

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021