1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD 545-A wah filter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andysvec, Sep 7, 2009.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Anyone familiar with these? I had found one and given it away about 15 years ago and just traded back for it. Don't see too much info on them, gonna plug it in now and see if it still works (comes with a 20v 1/4 tip power adaptor:eek:)

3898849522_4c3c0912f2.jpg

3898069661_e39ea6a46c.jpg

2. andysvec

tested it out, works great with the orig power adapt. Might try to make an adaptor to go out of one of the 18v plugs on my dc brick to power it on a board, I would assume this would work as there is an option to run two 9v batteries in the batt compartment?

Still haven't found much info online about it though.

3. I haven't heard of them before, I wonder if these are just rebadged FX25's of some sort, or if it pre-dates them? Maybe an upgraded version of the same circuit with its 18v power and Attack knob?

Would you mind posting some clips of the pedal in a normal envelope setting, and then with the sensitivity at 0 so that the filter does not open (doing this with the FX25's results in a great dub style tone with a big round low end)? Im sure Im not the only one who'd be interested in hearing this filter, and a couple short clips should give us an idea as to whether or not this filter is a completely different design than the other DOD filters. :)

4. im very interested. soundclips would be dope..

does it atleast sound anything like an FX25?

5. Looks very cool!

6. andysvec

I'll try and do some recordings with both my older two-knob sparkle fx25 and this 545-a for comparison. Haven't had a whole lot of time with it yet but will try to get something going this coming weekend. They do have some similarities, but I couldn't get the 545 to 'quack' as much, but then again I didn't notice the extreme volume swells either when engaged.

7. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Just got one of these, it's way better than the fx25 1st edition I had. However, I have to put sensitivity WAY up and the two other knobs do stuff...but not at all what I'd expect Attack or Peak to do. It has the coolest swell if you hit a chord and let it ring, gets kinda synthy.

8. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    These and the older grey and red ones are Optical based filters. Just like the Mutrons. THe newer 25's are ota based I believe, I keep forgetting. You have a good pedal there. The older pedals worked very well with a clean booster in front. Like an LPB or the microamp or something similar.

9. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

The thought did cross my mind to grab my Sansamp, maybe the other controls will respond better then too. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, thanks.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021