1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD FX25 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by marco1977, Sep 14, 2008.

1. marco1977

marco1977

Sep 11, 2007
    OK, i've researched a little about Envelope/autowah pedals. I'm currently looking at two options:
    - DOD FX25
    - the EBS Bass IQ

The digitech is a lot cheaper so I reckon I can try that one first.
    I've got one question: is there a bass version of this pedal, or are they all bass and guitar pedal?

Thanks!

2. There is no bass specific version, there are however many many different models. Most notibley there are the discontinued FX25s and then there are the newer FX25Bs. The general consensus is the older the better when it comes to these DOD filters. I previously owned a 2nd gen FX25 and it was the balls.

Search for it and you'll find a picture with all the generations of FX25.

3. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    The FX25 works just fine on bass, haven't used one on guitar so I couldn't tell you how good it is there, but the filter's range works well with bass.

Bear in mind that it's the older FX25 that has all the fans. Those who've tried both tend to have less praise for the current FX25B.

4. marco1977

marco1977

Sep 11, 2007
    Thanks for the quick response. I was looking for the older pedal.
    I just wanted to make sure I order the right one...:)