1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does a 35" scale 5 string passive jazz w/ tight string spacing exist?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justbark, Mar 17, 2010.

1. justbark

justbark Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Aug 20, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Just curious if you all know of a 35" scale 5 string passive jazz w/ 16.5 - 17.5mm string spacing exists? I'm sure I could get one built, but I'm curious if there is something similar that I could buy off the shelf.

The closest I can find would be the Lakland JO5, but it has 19mm spacing. While it is a quality bass, I had a 55-01 and just wasn't comfortable with the wider 19mm spacing.

The closest I can find is the Carvin XB75 which is kind of jazzy I believe available with the stacked humbuckers or MM style pickups. It looks like it has an active 3 band system. I'd love to find something off the shelf, though.

2. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: La Bella Strings, Bergantino Audio Systems
    Can Mike Lull Jazz bass fits your needs?

35" basses with 18mm spacing, adjustable Hipshot A type bridge

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Ever tried a Reverend 5L? 35" scale, passive, tight spacing.

4. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    What's the string spacing on a DJ5? Or for that matter, as JO5?

Edit - 19mm. Nevermind.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020