1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

does anybody know...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wordupkevin, Aug 11, 2007.

1. wordupkevin

wordupkevin

Aug 11, 2007
    if Ampeg has any plans on making an svt610e(sealed, non-ported 6x10 cab). i own the 410he and i love it but i need just a little more balls without getting the 810e(sounds great just a little too big/heavy). ive played the 610hlf and it sounds fine but i want more a punchy, rock/punk tone(like the 8x10) and i prefer sealed cabs to ported cabs.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Get a used Berg NV610 instead. They show up here in the classifieds once in a while. :)

3. wordupkevin

wordupkevin

Aug 11, 2007
    why does everybody say that? i played one at bassnw and they're not that good especially for what the asking price usually is($1100-1400). its virtually the "sound" im lookin for but im not payin that much for a new or used cabinet. plus it looks kinda ghetto.

so again(without the bergantino diehards this time) does anybody know if Ampeg has any plans on making an svt610e(sealed, non-ported 6x10 cab) anytime soon?

if they do im just gonna wait till it comes out because im pretty happy with my 410he. if not im probably just gonna buy a classic 2x10 and stack it up. :D

thanks

4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Anything is possible, but when we got the boot, they were beginning to pare down the line. I doubt they are "in the mood" for another speaker that would probably run lower volumes. That is why the preamps were discontinued, low volumes.

But, they may get a rather rude awakening soon, after which more flexibility may re-appear. The question is how low a volume they can stand with chinese manufacture. The chinese usually want big volumes, preferably around 1000 per month minimum, depending on the type of product.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Contact Don at LDS and see if he can build you one for a reasonable price.

6. Or just buy a 610HLF and fill the ports. PM Demon and ask about it, I know he did it. This would probably be the most convienent way of getting what you ask, since you seem to be pretty clinging to the Ampeg logo.

7. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    What does it mean if it's "not that good" and yet "virtually the "sound" you're lookin for"?

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It means he couldn't afford it so he decided to say it "wasn't all that"... just sour grapes.

9. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    dont forget, it looks ghetto

10. I think they should do it, a 6x10 sealed with the "Ampeg name on it" could be the next big bang... LOL, well, not that much, but there is the protability, weight, size (ect) factor that could make it a very sought after product.

11. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    AMEN to that..

12. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Didn't Fuzzbass plug the ports on the 610hlf he had?

Might be someone to ask for some info?

Peace

-Benny