Does anyone else only use the quick reply?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I love the convinience (sp?) of the quick reply thing and i use it all the time, except when attaching a picture. Anyone else with me?
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That will really mess up a thread for people who are using threaded or hybrid view mode.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Using quick reply shouldnt mess up the threaded or hybrid view mode if you do it to the last reply...

Does anyone use those modes anyway? They confuse me.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't. The format of Talkbass is the one that I prefer. I used to read the newsgroups until I discovered Talkbass, and the threaded view was one thing that I hated, and there was no way to turn it off. Some threads were impossible to follow due to all of the replies to specific posts buried in layers of other replies to other posts, etc.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    No I don't use it, In fact I had to unshrink the menu for it to type this quick reply ;)
  6. I just used it in this post.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I use it every time I post, with the exception of when I am quoting someone.

I don't mess with the other ways of viewing the threads either.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    All the time.

(just used it again)

10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    very cool stuff. I like it. Qick reply is my friend
  11. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
  12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    im too fond to the old posting scheme...
  13. SciFiGuy

Dec 27, 2003
    Madison, IN
    Never tried it. Well, OK - now I have.
  14. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    This is my 3rd Quick Reply... whoo hoo
  15. Hmm well this is my first quick reply...didnt even no how to use it to tell you all the truth...oh well
  16. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    It's great. I've used it on other sites and was really pleased to see it turn up here. I'm a professional web developer so picking up the codes to do things like turn text bold or insert an image seems very natural to me. The only reason I find for the more traditional method of replying is if I want to quote someone (but snip out unnecessary text first) or preview the message but the 'Go Advanced' button even makes that easy.

It's a great addition :D

ps. I haven't got into the alternative display modes yet - flat is fine with me.
  17. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    I prefer to use the advanced reply, dunno why just always use it here on TB! Haven't used a quick reply since I've been here (not long but still.....).

Having said that I always used to use it at Mx, so probably will end up doing here too! It is a handy though, most definately! :)

Andy :D
  18. Always. Much quicker. Unless there's an attachment.
  19. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I just hit the post reply button. I have it set as WYSIWYG, so I don't need to reply in advanced mode, I'm already there when I reply. Set up your userCP to best suit your needs and wants. Makes TB a better and easier place to surf. IMO!