1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone own the Deluxe Active Pbass Special?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ESPplayer, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006
    If so what do you think of it? Do you have the maple or rosewood fretboard? Any pics of the red one with the maple? I cant seem to find any pics of it

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Which one, specifically. I think there's at least a couple of "deluxe" P basses.

3. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    there is a recent thread on MIM P basses. (tried to paste link for ya, but failed miserably!)
    I've got an active '06 blizzard pearl,maple board, and am lovin' it!

4. Here you go. Had to go to a UK store to find one.

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
  6. CerealKiller

CerealKiller

Jul 29, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    I just picked this up on eBay for $390. I can't find one like it on the internet either....

All the others I've seen have crome knobs. Plus I believe the EMGs are not stock.

The pic is from the eBay post. I took care of the issue with the A string. ;)

New strings, but no clue as to what they are. The fret buzz was horrible upon arrival. I did a set-up and two seasoned musicians were impressed not only with the guitar, but also my first set-up.

ec43_3.

7. thumpalong

thumpalong

Sep 3, 2008
    I recently aquired an 88 sea-foam green "power jazz bass special" which seems just like the one eaglemoon shows.. mine is japanese, w/ p style bod and jazz neck, i think.. one split pickup and one jazz pickup. Active of course, and I don't know if I really like that so much jury is still out on that. But to be fair, i'm still learning about different styles and types of basses and in no hurry ,as I spend my time just on skill level on a fine little Ibanez workhorse.