1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone use Basson??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sweetcharlie454, Apr 28, 2010.

1. sweetcharlie454

sweetcharlie454

Apr 16, 2010
    Just wondering, looked into Basson cabs and they look good and have unbelievable specs, but one question, does anyone other than Nikki Sixx use these monsters? They are in no stores around my area therefore have no rep.

2. I used to play with the b210b in college--it was a 210 that was about the size/power of a 410. I really liked it but what you will hear from everyone is that they are HEAVY. my 210 was 110 lbs lol but I really liked it! It had depth like I have never heard before!

3. Basson's are too ******* heavy.:p

4. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    I didn't know Nikki Six played the bassoon. :confused:

5. I caught the joke :)

OT question: How do you get the smilies such as "confused" to show properly. I can't seem to get them to work by dragging and dropping!

Thanks...
    Paul

6. I never drag on drop them. Just click on them and they should insert into your message.

Also you can just type out the code for them, like : confused : (without the spaces): :confused:

7. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    :confused::confused::pYou can click "Go Advanced" and just click any of the smilies on the right side to insert them into your post.

8. Thank you guys. Obviously I must be a little thick or maybe even thickerer. I never thought to just click the damn thing! So much for being a MSCSE!

Paul

9. :bag:
    :bawl:
    :hyper: Yea!!!

OK back to the regularly scheduled topic.

Paul

10. :crying::mad::hyper::cool::help::rolleyes::ninja::p:bag::D:bassist:;):bawl::oops::scowl::rollno::(:spit::meh::):eyebrow::eek::smug::confused::atoz:

11. Now let's not go crazy! :)

Paul

12. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    C'mon guys lets get back on topic here.

I for one have never played the bassoon but they look cool:

bassoon-kung-fu2.

13. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Owner: Basschat.co.uk
    I had a B210B cabinet briefly, it was ferociously heavy and power hungry (a Mesa 400+ was almost too quiet through it) but I have to say it sounded excellent. The horn was rather noisy but voiced just to my liking (good job as the only control over the horn was on or off, though this may have changed)

Cheers
    ped

14. i don't have any experience playing with one, but a band i saw last weekend had a basson 8x10. it was being powered by a hartke 3500, but still sounded monstrous. i say they make solid cabs from what i heard.