1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does G&L make an Asat 5 string?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Chris Rhoades, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Chris Rhoades

Chris Rhoades

Sep 19, 2004
    San Antonio Texas
    Endorcing Artist:BNA Audio, Boothill bass strings.
    I would like to get a 5 string, and i like the look of the Asat witht he to big ol G&L pickups. Does this even exsist?

2. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    They did make some, I think for endorsees, but most ended up over in Europe.

I have seen pics of 2.

Jim

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    There was one on either ebay or dudepit recently. I remember being surprised...

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

I think their was a few made as prototypes.

5. I saw a used semi-hollow 5-string ASAT on somebody's site a while ago - maybe BassNW.com???? I'm sure that was a custom though. Made me think about saving my pennies and ordering one - fretless.

6. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    There are a few around that are prototypes but it was never offered as a production model - apparently it was REALLY neck heavy as a 5 string. And while an L2500 may not look as cool, it will sound exactly the same.

7. AThomas Bass

AThomas Bass

Aug 22, 2005
    I just tried to order a custom 5-string ASAT Bass. The dealer called his G&L rep and was told they aren't making them anymore because they are ridiculously neck-heavy. F.Y.I.

8. Chris Rhoades

Chris Rhoades

Sep 19, 2004
    San Antonio Texas
    Endorcing Artist:BNA Audio, Boothill bass strings.
    Maybe i will have to make my own!

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

I know Michael could build that for you at a great price, www.dolanguitars.com

10. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    You know, Schecter could make you a domestic version of their Tele shaped Baron bass in a 5 string. I've seen them in magazines. Probably will be super neck heavy and not exactly cheap. But its an available ASAT substitue and very good quality stuff.

r