Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does Rocco ever slap?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassteban, Jan 13, 2005.

1. His bass, I mean. Just to clarify, I personally would hope not- although I do. The reason I ask is that a guitarist friend(I'm very open minded, yes?) said he heard some "new" Tower Of Power, & there was A "ton of slap" on it- somebody, please, SAY IT AIN'T SO.

2. C'mon guys- I know (hope, really) it's a dumb question- I'm really just repeating it for the sake of shooting down my admittedly out-of-the-loop friend. Heppabruddahout!

3. My wife & I have this gift of becoming invisible in restaraunts, or other service related businesses, usually when we need service. I didn't know I could do it here. My wife is not here, now, if that helps. Help me, Spock...

4. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    *plugs ears* i am not listening, i am not listening...

Well i dont really know, i really doubt Rocco would start slapping now, he's always been a solid finger funk guy.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I already answered in your other thread that I moved to Bassists.

The album I meant is "Back on the Streets" btw., he slaps on several tracks.

6. Hey, JMX-I actually posted this first, but thanks again- and again, which album?

Bassjamn, you hear me perfectly well! JMX says it's on some old stuff. I'm still hanging on to a thread of hope that it's all a bad dream- a very bad dream...

7. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Again, "Back on the Streets"

Tracks:

Rock Baby

Nowhere To Run

Something calls me

It takes two (to make it happen)

In Due Time

Just make a move

8. I'm done, now- must go neglect the kids. Mr. Hart, if it makes any difference, I really like your basses...

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Don't worry....Rocco never slapped! Vito San Filippo played bass on Back On The Streets. I saw them around 1980 when Vito was in the band, he was a funky guy in his own right :bassist:

10. I have no problem with anyone slappin' the bass- except Rocco. That would just be wrong. Or me.That would just be annoying (doesn't ever stop me, though).

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm with you Jerry.
    I couldn't recall Back On The Streets until I checked on it over at AMG saw the cover.
    Now I remember(sorta). A very disappointing release; TOP doin' Disco.
    Badly.

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    wasnt' that the time that rocco was in for treatment? i thought maybe mimi fired him to prove a point?

i could be wrong

14. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    The drummer I play with was in a band with Rocco about '79, he says he was still great even though he was indulging a wee bit ;)

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  16. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Oops, sorry, my mistake.