Does what I'm looking for exist?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ashevans, Jan 2, 2005.

1. ashevans

Dec 22, 2004
    Oxford, UK
    Hi I was just wondering if there was a pedal that changes your bass sound into a piano sound? Does this even exist?
    Thanks for your help :D
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, you'll need a midi unit. divided pickup on your bass, guitar to midi convertor and sound module to output piano.
  4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Otherwise, I've found that using a pick right near the bridge while using the neck pup can sound sort of like a grand piano.

(edit) Hey - I wonder how one of those Boss Acoustic guitar simulators would sound on a bass. Maybe like a piano?
  5. marqj

Jan 2, 2005
    My advice is to get a (additional) decent playing bass. Doesnt have to be expensive (mainly bcuz u wont be using the pickups anyway) but should @ least play to your likeing. Buy a set of piccalo strings and a roland bass/midi converter. The piccalo strings track much better than standard guage bass strings with little or no delay at all. With that and a decent sounding sound module the rest is history!¡!¡ Hope this helps
  6. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I'm actually trying some bronze acoustic strings on my Kubicki. Could sound close to a piano when slapped...
  7. marqj

Jan 2, 2005
    I have bronze DR strings on my Ritter Classic and it sounds and looks killer because its accented with the gold hardware. :bassist: