Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does what I'm looking for exist?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ashevans, Jan 2, 2005.

1. ashevans

ashevans

Dec 22, 2004
    Oxford, UK
    Hi I was just wondering if there was a pedal that changes your bass sound into a piano sound? Does this even exist?
    Thanks for your help :D

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, you'll need a midi unit. divided pickup on your bass, guitar to midi convertor and sound module to output piano.

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Otherwise, I've found that using a pick right near the bridge while using the neck pup can sound sort of like a grand piano.

Joe

(edit) Hey - I wonder how one of those Boss Acoustic guitar simulators would sound on a bass. Maybe like a piano?

5. marqj

marqj

Jan 2, 2005
    My advice is to get a (additional) decent playing bass. Doesnt have to be expensive (mainly bcuz u wont be using the pickups anyway) but should @ least play to your likeing. Buy a set of piccalo strings and a roland bass/midi converter. The piccalo strings track much better than standard guage bass strings with little or no delay at all. With that and a decent sounding sound module the rest is history!¡!¡ Hope this helps

6. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I'm actually trying some bronze acoustic strings on my Kubicki. Could sound close to a piano when slapped...

7. marqj

marqj

Jan 2, 2005
    I have bronze DR strings on my Ritter Classic and it sounds and looks killer because its accented with the gold hardware. :bassist: