Does you cat...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ..wipe his ass all over your floor by dragging himself around on his front paws? I really gotta do something about this.
  2. nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    You should definitely take your cat to a vet - this could be an infection, parasite, etc. I have seen what you are talking about, and I have 3 cats myself.
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Dude, sounds like worms.

If you LIKE having a cat, you should check out the book THE NEW NATURAL CAT by Anitra Frazier.
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Have you been subjecting the cat to your music?

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Your cat might need some Petromalt or Catalax.
  6. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    bring him/her to a vet. the cat obviously is itchy there or has worms.

7. :eyebrow: NO, but one of mine does have a really bad habit of pushing his waterdish all over the kitchen until he can find something to use as leverage and dump it out. Then he sits and whines till i fill it up.

so he can dump it again. :help:
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    This is gonna sound quite nasty.

More than likely, your cats anal glands are backed up. Cats and dogs have 2 glands located by there anus, hence the name, anal glands. When they get backed up, the animal often drags its butt across the carpet/floor to relieve the pressure that has built up inside them. The reason I'm pretty sure of this is because I used to be a Vet Tech back in the early and mid 90's.

So you now have ass juice all over your carpet.

9. Sounds like my ex-girlfriend.. :rollno:
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No, but my brother always did that when we were kids.

brad cook
  11. One of my cats had an issue with that, she kept chewing on her hindquarters until she had bruised herself something fierce. It was painful for me watching the vet extracting the glop from her anal glands. She was scared and you could tell it hurt like a mofo. After that the bruise scabbed up and she lost a big clump of hair on her left quarterpanel.
  12. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    My Laborador had this problem. I have never seen one of our cats do it though. The visual is really cracking me up...That is because it's not my cat doing it.

Take him to the vet.
  13. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i will fill up my cats dish ocne a week(its a huge dish) so instead of taking the huge bowl to the sink, i just fill it with a water bottle.

so my cat, will only drink from it when i take the bowl to the sink and fill it. like she knows.

anytime i take it to the sink and fill it, she drinks it. when i fill it up with the water bottle, she will put her nose in the air and drink the water from the toilet.
  14. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
  15. Come to think of it- I'm not trying to scare you, but an old girlfriend's kitten did that and that's why we took her to the vet and found she had Feline Leukemia. :(
  16. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Wow. I didn't really think it could be anything serious - just a bad habit. He HAS had constipation problems in the past. Last time it cost me $400. I'll keep an eye on him. It's something he's done for years from time to time so I'm not going to be overly concerned. Perhaps I'll just scratch it for him. Just kidding.

There were a couple of good LOLs in this thread. Thanks.

My cats take food and dump it in their water dish every single time I fill it up. Even if I put it across the room. I never caught them either - don't know which one does it (I have 2). I'm not sure if it's because they like flavored water, because they want me to keep giving them fresh water, or if one of them is being mean to the other after they drink to their heart,s content.
  17. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> That happened to me last time I ate too many Jalapenos... Quit feeding them to your cat!!!
    In all seriousness, if it continues, run him up to the vet.

18. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yep, time to get the old anal glands 'expressed'.
  19. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Never seen a cat do that... plenty of dogs... never a cat. *L*

My dad's cats will lick there own poopers, then carwl in your lap and attempt to lick your face... :eek:

One time, while I was still at home, I woke up w/ this odd movement on my chest... There he was sitting on my going to town on his crotch... I think he yelped when he hit the back wall of my bedroom.. I was too tired to care *L*
  20. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> I never see my cats fiddling much with their bung holes, they're pretty good at pinching off a loaf. Helps avoid the nasty taste later..

>> Slug