1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Request Don Felder - All of You

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by naruki, Aug 29, 2012.

1. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
  2. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Yeah, OK. I can't guarantee 100% accuracy on that 1st S/P part - I do this quietly at night (insomnia) with the wife asleep in the other room - but I'll try to get it close enough. Should be good enough for government work...

Standard rate: one joke that makes me laugh out loud.

3. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
    Hmm.. joke... ummm.. Big Muff. MUFF. G'it? HAHA :D

4. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    OK, Patrick, not sure about the joke but... here ya go!

Don-Felder-All-of-You-bass-.

The S&P parts are a little tricky but with a little effort you shouldn't have too much trouble. If you want I can make a SoundCloud of them - but I gotta be able to play them cleanly myself first! :( I'm not the greatest S&P guy out there...

My music notation skills are quite rusty too, so trust what you hear and not what I've written. I did my best so it should be pretty close. I tried to make each measure add up to four... :meh:

If you have any questions or comments feel free...

Enjoy!

:bassist:

Whousedtoplay likes this.
  5. omg thanks so much for this.

6. Sasabonsam

Sasabonsam

Feb 15, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    t77mackie, you sir are my new hero! :)

7. Who played the bass?

best,
    e.c.

8. JasonicVM

JasonicVM

Jan 31, 2017
    Hello guys!

This is my first post on TalkBass.
    See my Don Felder - All of you bass cover + tab on youtube

thanks for watching!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Sasabonsam likes this.
  9. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    What an excellent transcription. Thank you.
    Your transcription shows that you are, more or less, an educated and skillful musician.
    (I think it's a typo in Bar/Measure 3. The last note should be TAB-ed as 7 on the E string. I also could not hear that last note on 2 on the A string in Bar 8. Just 5 on the E string...)
    I'm bad at TAB.
    Just a question.
    How do you notate slides with TAB like the last note in Bar 1 - sliding from 9 on the D string, and many more?
    Let's say, in Bar 7, I need to emphasize the slide from 5 on the A string to 7 on the A string (not 5 on the G string- typo) and back from 7 on the A string.
    How should I notate it with TAB?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  10. Zombie thread but I thought I'd answer that Abraham Laboriel played the bass on this. Great track! Smooth bass-playing that makes this song. The slap playing is world-class.