dont play country now i have to

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by richardn517, Mar 1, 2006.

1. richardn517

Feb 28, 2006
    whats goin on? im new, and this is the first country band i have played in. usually i play metal but the only working band around here is country. anyway i need tabs to God Blessed Texas! I have tried and tried and cannot get things right. so could someone help a guy out?
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    First of all, you will have the best results looking for tabs in the tab forum (under the general bass guitar forums).

A lot of the new contemporary country is very cool IMO, but I'd have to say that particular song wouldn't be the best example. Without hearing that song for a long time, and never playing it....I think it is a simple E-A progression, and probably has the "standard" jump to B as well....don't remember for sure by memory. My advice is to learn the roots, and explore the song sticking with the original feel, yet tastefully filling it in your own way. This will help with both ear training, and future improv. The whole experience will definitely make you a better, more rounded musician.

Best of luck!

3. richardn517

Feb 28, 2006
    Thanx Tim youre right on with the e-a progression, there are just small runs in the song that im having trouble with but i am getting it, i bought one of those tascam bass trainer deals and it has now become my favorite tool ! thank you for your time.
  4. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Amazing, isn't it? I get twice the gigs, play to twice the crowds, and make twice the money in my country band than in either of my last two rock bands. Country's also not my favorite genre, but I would rather play than sit home.