1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Double Bass Instructors in Rhode Island

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by arthurzen, Mar 6, 2008.

1. arthurzen

arthurzen

Feb 29, 2008
    New England
    Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to New England and was wondering if anyone knew of a good bass instructor for DB in the RI area. I'd be willing to travel to Eastern Connecticut/Southern Mass as well.

Thanks for your help!

A

2. Depending on what part of RI you're from - I would suggest making the trek up to NEC. From what I've heard from most people from RI it's only about an hour to an hour and a half depending on where you're coming from. You should try to get a lesson with a teacher there, or from the Boston area.

-Alex

3. Asetta Strings

Asetta Strings

Mar 25, 2007
    Connecticut
    Michael Asetta, Asetta Strings
  4. arthurzen

arthurzen

Feb 29, 2008
    New England
    I'd rather not choose a genre and instead just continue to develop my technique and reading. I suppose classical would be my desired genre if I had to focus.

5. If you're a German player you could talk to Tony D'amico I may have spelled his name wrong. But he lives in MA teaches at NEC prepatory school and plays in the Rhode island Phil, really great teacher and guy. I spelt it right. He plays all over the area and my girlfriend loves him. He went to NEC and Hartt.

6. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    :confused:

7. My girlfriend studies with him. She's studied with him since she was about 10 I think. He's a nice guy.

8. malloybow

malloybow

Mar 10, 2008
    massachusetts
    You could google Dennis Frati, I had him for the first two months of my Double Bass career before he moved to RI. He pushed me towards classical arco playing from my intentions to play jazz for which I am grateful. He plays classical and jazz professionally so he could teach you both. I would consider him if he is in your area( his website is vague on where he teaches so you would have to email him)