1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Double Bass & Vocals - Music

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by MGill, Nov 8, 2006.

1. MGill

MGill

Dec 31, 2005
    London
    Ive heard that thers alot of great Double bass and vocal music around, but looking around on the internet i can only find a few published buy yorkville. Im of Grade 5 standard.I have the opertunity to play with a fantastic classical singer so would like some classical stuff realy. Can anyone suggest anythink, and the play I could buy it?

Thanks

2. That is the first piece that comes to mind for me (It's by mozart). It's for bass voice with double bass obbligato. Of course it really matters quite a bit what type singer your friend is. (by the way i just registered here just so i could respond to this)

3. MGill

MGill

Dec 31, 2005
    London
    Thanks very much, ill buy that and we'll try it out togeather. She got a great range so it should be fine. Is there any others out there?

4. If it's a "she", then I doubt she could sing a bass vocal part.

5. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
  6. sibass89

sibass89

Jan 29, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Per Questa Bella Mano is very, very hard. Probably one of the hardest solo pieces for double bass.

Bottesini has some songs for Double Bass and high voice, that are difficult but not as difficult as Per Questa.