1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Doug Kauer...basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BeeTL, Jun 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    Doug's work is impeccable, and he's a helluva nice guy.

He's got quite a list of players using his builds in the guitar world.

And he's right, but not always.

;)

http://reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=59440

163366712.jpg

163366713.jpg

163366714.jpg

163366715.jpg

163366716.jpg

163366717.jpg

163366718.jpg

2. Ver nice basses, the green is slightly reminiscent of a Reverand bass. The Spalted one is a real looker, does he have any other body styles? I like the six screw neck attachment too.

BeeTL likes this.
  3. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    This is a "reboot" on the bass line, so I think that's it for now.

He just had a "soft launch" on a more affordable California-made guitar line called Titan that is taking a great deal of his attention.

It's pretty amazing what he has been able to accomplish in a relatively short period of time.

Check out his site...it's LOTS of fun!

Home

4. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    He is an awesome builder! I have one of his geetars, and I'd love to have a Kauer 34" scale bass.

BeeTL likes this.
  5. I kinda dig them. I have seen a lot of their guitars online and I am impressed. I wonder how these pickups might sound in an active 6 string.

BeeTL likes this.
  6. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    If I ever had enough cash just laying around, I'd have Doug build me the bass version of this:

Argonaut "White Falcon"

whitefalconargo.jpg

Primakurtz likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021