Doug Pinnick Bass Rig: A Pic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doc540, Jan 15, 2004.

1. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    thru 3 Ampeg 8x10's.
  2. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    i get pissed off at those graphic eq's just by looking at them. that is insane.
  3. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    traa daniels from pod was saying that when he saw them live (kings x) that pinnicks sound made him have to take a dump. so those eq's must be doign something. hes got like 3 or 4 of them in the rack it looks like and i see a boss eq on top of the line 6.
  4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I dont even use any EQ. I must be missing something... :p
  5. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    That is just freaking insane. I'd hate to have to be his bass tech and be asked to hook it all together properly.
  6. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
  7. Anyone else notice the naked Traynor YBA1 chassis in the upper part of the right rack?
  8. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    How could you MISS a chunk that big??
  9. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Dang that rig seems complicated.

Dang he needs to eat a sandwich.
  10. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Psycho...I saw it but couldn't remember if it was a Traynor or something else...
  11. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    All those racked up EQs, and he still has a BOSS GEB-7 stomp box....sheeze.
  12. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    My worst nightmare... graphic EQ's. They're the devil. Just too many sliders and crap. I'd spend hours upon hours tweaking that set up. I love my RBI. Give me bass, mid, treble any day. :)
  13. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    It looks like he's using many of those EQs as crossovers...

I too have never really liked the sound of a graphic EQ...I guess I like tone controls with a wider bandwidth.
  14. Yeah, I thought of that too. I used to do that when I was a kid: I used my 30W Marshall combo as a subwoofer for my cheesy stereo, with a Boss EQ stompbox acting as crossover. Boy, that setup kicked butt! Only problem was that I could never concentrate on listening to music because I just had to tweak the EQ all the time. I was pretty close to becoming a Hi-fi nerd.:eek:

But I would imagine Mr. Pinnick could afford decent crossovers... maybe he likes to tweak his EQs too.
  15. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    When I saw them live a few months ago all he ever adjusted was the mixer in the flat case on top.

I think his bass tech mention something about that in the link I posted above.
  16. Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    I've read that Doug routes his high freqs throught the old Traynor YBA1 and that's supposedly the trick to Doug's tone. I've never seen them live but would love to.

17. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What's the use in having an SVP-pro when you have 2 SVT 4's ? In the photo ones on and the others off :meh: . I'm imagining that a lot of this is just dummy stuff and backup gear. He probably takes everything he owns on the road whether he needs it or not. I know if I spent 9 months of the year on the road I'd miss some of my toys to if I left them behind. Just a thought..... :rolleyes:
  18. He probably needs all that processing to make those ampeg cabinets NOT sound like crap.

Common,,,,just kidding!