1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drum Machine recommendation?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Axtman, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I am looking for a good drum machine to practice to. I hate practicing to a metronome and would prefer something more realistic. What are your suggestions? Thanks!

2. jnevi9nr

jnevi9nr

Aug 17, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Boss DR 670 drum machine

3. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    I use a Zoom RT-223. It's relatively easy to use, and a bonus for me is that it can also run off batteries. Sometimes a handy feature to have.

4. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    I use the Zoom MRT-3B has everything you need for $69.00 at Sam Ash. battery or AC...

5. Step

Step

Feb 20, 2008
    Maastricht
  6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    This is a bit pricey, but I researched these things like crazy when I bought mine and thought it was the best bang for the buck. I wanted something that sounded like real drums, and this one best fit the bill. My "latest video" below in my signature was done with it. Never had anyone question whether the drums were real or not. Roland DR880. http://drums-percussion.musiciansfr...XGB&ZYXSEM=0&gclid=CNjU8t-amKQCFQ8E5QodlxKtDg

This however was a whole lot cheaper, and if you have any kind of DAW that you work with (cubase, pro tools, etc.) is a whole lot easier to program also, IMO. Drums sounds are awesome. Kitcore: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...sic-KitCore-Deluxe-2-Drum-Software?sku=581823

All the other drum machines that were priced below the Roland sounded like drum machines to me. I think your best bet is to decide what your needs are, what you might want to use it for in the future, and then go to www.musiciansfriend.com , www.americanmusical.com , and reasearch them all. Just about every drum machine has sound samples on the sale page, and if not you can find them at the manufacturers website. I'd say the most important features to take into consideration are:

Sound
    Ease of programming
    Number of pre-recorded beats
    Price

Good luck. :)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021