Drum software

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Aug 13, 2005.

1. yeah, its not really bass related :bag: , but im looking for decent drum software, any recomendations?

preferably "natural" sounding, so it goes well with the rest of the recording, bass and guitar is going to be recorded through a mixer into the line in (seperatly on seperate tracks of the recording software i use atm, NTrack)

i just want to show our drummer how useful he really is :spit:
  2. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
  3. dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    I've got Fruity, been using it for years, and it will do a decent drum track.

However, I've just discovered a new kid on the block, Beatcraft, which I think will do a better job creating drum tracks than Fruity.

Check it out at http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/

4. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    There's a free (well, you have to buy the mag) no-nag unlimited-use demo of fxpansion's BFD drum software in this month's issue of Computer Music. Definitely worth checking out.
  5. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    i tried the last one... the hammerhead..
    and yeah it's free but it's not the good tempo when you try to insert something and play it with other midi files...
    you have to find the tempo.. the good one and that's not a good thing... in my opinion
  6. I suggest you look into leafDrums and find some quality samples on the internet. Its what I did, and my drums sound wonderful.
  7. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    the leafDrum seems to be really cool but i always have problems with it.. is always closing when i try to modify the sound that i have
    i'll try to download it from another source...
  8. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Is there any software than has a selection of pre-recorded beats that I can just select which one I want and jam along with it on my bass?
  9. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I have three letters for you B F D

you need to run it as a virtual instrument in another program such as Cubase, Logic Audio etc.. but it sounds HUGE!!!! it also comes with heaps of pre cooked grooves..

I use it instead of real drums in some of my studio stuff and its seriously KILLS anything else I've heard..
  10. chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    Jamstix by Rayzoon

Free jam mode creates new rhythms from scratch while you play. Or manually create drum tracks using key-words and preset rhythms. Or mix the two.

Download the demo and try it. The support is great.
  11. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    I will get this when I get my next paycheck!
    Best I heard so far!