1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dumpstaphunk

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by David Jayne, May 30, 2012.

1. Ivan Neville and his band, with the always amazing bassists Nick Daniels and Tony Hall will be at the Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield, CT tomorrow night 5/31. I'll be there, who's with me? Sure to be a killer show.

2. come pick me up... I'll go :)

3. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    yeah they really are a great band

4. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Its Ivan's band but cousin Ian is pretty damn good too. Have fun Bro!

5. Ah, that was a 'swypo.' Corrected. Yes, Ian is bangin.' As is the rest of the band. Big fan but have never seen them live. Can't wait.
    James- I'll swing by say, around 4-ish? Wear your funk shoes.

:cool:

6. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    You're in for a fun---k show.
    I saw them about 6 mos ago and it was bangin.
    I don't know what tune it was but Nicky starts one for a few minutes just slowly building into a groove that is bada$$.

7. Probably 'Standin in Your Stuff.'.. saw that on YouTube. Bitchin.

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

9. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Ha, it's nice to see that the big stacks on stage belong to the bass players!;)

10. Just got here. Place is half empty. Feel bad for the band, I guess they don't draw like 'The Neville brothers' would.... bartender said they pack the place. Oh well, gonna be a great show I'm sure.

11. Whelp, they killed it. The crowd was kinda lame, it affected them, but they got through it. Great show. 12 year old Redding CT resident blues guitarist Bobby Paltauf opened the show with his band in fine style. Did some great originals, and covers, including Dazed and Confused, complete with bowed guitar solo a-la Jimmy Page. Great stuff, great kid.
    Dumpsta commenced to burn the place down, then had Bobby come back up to jam with them during encore, great stuff, a very fine evening. Sorry you missed it. I took a bunch of pics, will post some later.
    I have to say that Nick Daniels is, simply, The Man. Killer bassist, and maybe even better as a singer. GREAT singer. Tony Hall was equally amazing on bass, guitar, and vocals, but, Nick just owned it.
    The rest of the band was equally amazing but those guys....man....and Nikki Glaspie....jeeze.....killer show.

Next stop: Victor Wooten band at the Iridium Sunday night!!! :bassist:

12. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Just saw these guys play a free show in NYC. Twice the bass=twice the funk. See them if you have a chance.