Duncan Classic Stacks

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by needmoney, May 30, 2005.

1. Would a set of the Classic Stacks work with the S-1 system on the newer American Fender Jazz'?
  2. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004

im sure they will work!! just check the wireing diagram that comes with it! i got a set of quarter pounders on the way for mine! and if the ultra jazz picks will work so will the classic stacks! some one on here will help you with the wireing! i had a picture but got rid of it !
  3. So the fact that they're stacked won't make any difference with the series/parallel thingy? I have no idea about this stuff..

I mean I could probably just knock out the S-1 thing and just have a volume pot, but then I have to get a new pot.

Basically I just want to take out the original pickups, throw in the SD's and be done with it, and not have to fiddle with the passive controls at all.

So the S-1 thing won't make it a hassle to do this?
  4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I don't think it should be a problem, because the S-1 basses have regular Fender pickups, and most J replacement pickups will have standard two conductor wiring. The S-1 is nothing more than a parallel/series switch, and those can be used with all pickups as far as I know. I had a DiMarzio Model P installed in my S-1 P-bass, no problem, and I'm assuming the Fralin Split-J's will go into my S-1 Jazz as well.