Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah missing bypass delay adjuster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deluxejusa, Aug 5, 2013.

1. deluxejusa

deluxejusa Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2012
    I have recently acquired this pedal. I noticed it does not have the adjustment to reduce the delay when the pedal is returned to the off position. I guess it is an older version that did not have this option. Does anyone know of a solution, or know what part is on the newer version that adjusts the delay? I wouldn't mind experimenting as I did get this pedal for free. Thank you!

2. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    The trimpot is inside the pedal. Unscrew the back and you should find it there. Roll it all the way clockwise to remove delay time. That's what I did to mine (had two of em so far).

3. deluxejusa

deluxejusa Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Mine does not have the trim pot inside the pedal.:( I contacted Dunlop tech support and all they said is that it's an older model that did not have this feature. They advised to contact a company that does mods on pedals to further assist me. I was hoping to at least get the part information from them, but they would not tell me. I think I could wire in a bypass switch at the top of the pedal, as the hole is already in the casing. I wasn't sure if this was the only solution.

4. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Oh well, too bad for you I guess. You did get it for free though.
    I'd suggest selling it cheap and putting the money towards a new 105Q. (or a used one that has the trimpot)

5. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Apr 10, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I owned an older one before buying a newer version. There is a mod for it to not adjust the delay but at least have it set to no delay at all. It's just replacing a cap from what I remember. If you do a search here for "105Q mod" I'm sure you'll find it.

6. Ben Jaks

Ben Jaks

May 28, 2014
    I have an older one. Here's how I fixed the problem: first I removed the switch and hard wired it to be on all the time. Then find the first component from the input pull out the half that goes to the input jack and put in a wire. Attach another wire to the lead you pulled out. Do the same thing with the output jack. Now take those wires and put in a switch to make it true bypass. Bam! Now it functions just like the old school wahs but without the tone suck. I think there are two things to undo on the input side. Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  7. Ben Jaks

Ben Jaks

May 28, 2014
    Couple other things: to really be like an old school wah ya gotta remove the spring so it doesn't always return to the heel down position. Also, I experienced a very annoying pop when turning it on or off. I know there are a thousand reasons for this but I solved the problem by wiring a couple resistors from the input and output to ground... And six months later I scored a newer version and a TS9 at a yard sale for $35. I use the newer one now.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021