Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DVD Audio?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGod, Oct 18, 2004.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well I was in the local Best Buy today, because they had a sale on CDs and DVDs. I only had a bit of money, so I decided to buy just one CD, 'Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?'. Of course, the store was out of stock of that CD. Then I saw the album in the DVD Audio section, for only $28. But what is DVD Audio? Does it mean you can play the disc in your stereo and/or DVD player? If that is what it means, then I'll be goin' back tonight to get it. Thanks for any responses. :)

Peace (sells),
    Graeme :bassist:

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    You can play it in a DVD player, but not a normal stereo.

They make programs that will extract audio from DVD's though into wav or mp3 format. Im sure you can find one for free.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    These programs do not work for the DVD-Audio format, only DVD-Video.

Do a google search on DVD-Audio and read about it. The discs will NOT play in a CD player, will only play in a DVD player. Unless you have a nice surround sound system the disc is not really of any value. Surround sound music is neat, I used to have a full system with DVD-Audio, SACD, DTS music discs, but I sold most of it off because I didn't listen to it much.

DVD-Audio information