DVD player question...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Don't know a better place to ask it, so here goes. My DVD player is having touble playing all sorts of DVDs. I bought it recently and it had no problems at first, but it quickly went wrong. I insert a disk, and it says it's reading it, but after reading it just gives me an "insert a disk" message, as if there's nothing inside! I can play audio CDs with no problems, but DVDs don't seem to work anymore. I made sure the region was fine and the DVDs don't have any real scratches. Any clues?
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Try running a lens cleaner through it. Otherwise hope that it's under warranty and contact the manufacturer.

brad cook
  3. Well, it reads CDs, so I dunno if the lens has anything to do with it. But I will try that. I think it's still under warranty so I will have to call the company or something. Any other suggestions.
  4. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Sounds like you need to get the unit fixed/replaced. I doubt a cleaner is going to do much good.
  5. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    What kind of player is it?? I have the exact same problem with one of mine.
  6. Heh, it's a Magnasonic flat model. I went on the site and they seem to have contact information and a one year warranty.
  7. Just have them send a new one.

That's what I would do.
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'd also consider next time you buy some electronics to spend a bit extra to get some well-known brand that has a good reputation.

brad cook
  9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    if magnavox and panasonic had an evil love child......
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    still clean ur lens

CD is only 1 layer DVD5 is 1 layer but dvd9 is dual layer... it might have problems reading 2nd layer cuz of bad lense...

What others say... generic stuff will save you money in short run but not in long

Hope it works out