Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

E.S.T. (Esbjorn Svensson Trio)

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Tim Williams, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Apr 19, 2004
    Hi all ;)

i am looking for sheet music for some of the song's from EST's new album "seven days of falling"

I am 14 years old and passed grade 8 double bass, but have only recently started to do jazz double bass (which i am really enjoying).
    I have been listening to players such as EST, and have recently started up a small jazz group with me, a very good drummer and a very good pianist, and we all agree that we want to play EST's music, but we cannot find the music for it anywhere?!?! We have attempted to do most of it by ear, but we are finding that it is very hard to note all the changes etc

If you have seen any around on the internet, or know of any similar music which we could play, then please post some links down below.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    They have a website;www.dieselmusic.se/est/

I'd just Email them and ask. I did the same (well...there was no Email back then ;) ), with Chick Corea, when I was about your age. I asked him where I could get sheet music for a few of his tunes, and about a week later, I received a manila envelope with a bunch of charts that he wrote out by hand! That started years of great correspondence between us.

3. Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Apr 19, 2004
    ok thank you for the advice, i'll try that ;)