1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

E-String buzzing

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by McGuirk, Nov 28, 2010.

1. McGuirk

McGuirk

Jun 2, 2010
    Hello there! First off, I am aware a similar issue was posted by BrandonBass recently, and I have read over that topic, but I'm convinced that my problem is slightly different.

First off, I have a lovely Made In Korea Rogue bass and, as you might have guessed thus far, my E-String buzzes. It only does so when I play it open, and the buzzing sounds like it is coming from the neck. No matter how lightly I pluck the string, it still buzzes.

I don't have any more strings that I can try out on it at the moment, but I'll be getting some in the near future. So far, though, does this sound like a string or nut issue? Or perhaps something else?

[DEL]On a different note, I was looking to set-up the bass when I get some new string for it, but it doesn't seem to have a truss rod screw like my guitar does. There's just 4 bolts on the underside of the body that seem to hold the neck on. Is that some crappy hack or is that a style of holding the neck on for a bass?[/DEL]

Nevermind that last paragraph. That was me not setting up a guitar in a while. :scowl:

2. McGuirk

McGuirk

Jun 2, 2010
    For future searches by anyone else who had this problem, a new set of strings took care of it.

3. Mr.Hat

Mr.Hat

Sep 18, 2010
    Had the same issue with my squier jag . weird buzzing ( not fretbuzz) from the neck. disappeared when I changed strings :confused: