1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ea Mline or regular Wizzy 12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aluminumbassguy, Apr 27, 2009.

1. I already own a Wizzy 12. I also have an iAMP800 and have a Doubler on preorder. I want to purchase another Wizzy or an Mline. The prices are pretty close on the two. Does anybody own both of these cabs or a pair of either. I am looking to see what anyone thought.

2. lazyone2

lazyone2

Jul 27, 2006
    new jersey shore
    I have both and I too use an Iamp800. They sound great together. More than twice as good as one cab. No matter which Wizzy you get, you will be suprised at how much bigger the sound is.

3. sean p

sean p

Mar 7, 2002
    eugene, oregon
    what is the definition of 'm-shaped transmission line' per the wizzy mline? i have seen the side 'ports' on the mline, but is the transmission line just the cabinet construction, or is there an 'electrical' difference too?

thanks!

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    construction, not electrical. A cross section loosely resembles a W or M.

OP- the mline sounds fuller, less upper mids as I recall. Or at least that was the perception. The regular can get a little "barkier". The vintage with a twist description sure isnt far off.

I had 2 Mlines together if you can power it its really quite nice and small. One of each isnt much different, honestly. I had 2 regulars as well for a short period, and all else equal its really big for the size but cant nail the fuller bottom of two mlines.

IMO either 2 mlines or 1 of each is more versitile.

IN all likelihood, the difference isnt severe.

These cabs arent in vogue, but a pair of them is a nice wallop and tone for small footprint. I wanted just a little top end sizzle though. Not there. Also, they $are$ pricey.

hope this non-tech post helps.